These are the top 10 most popular posts of 2015 for the Gardening Cook.
As New Year’s day comes closer, I find myself, like so many others planning for next year. But before I can do that, I need to take stock of the previous year, especially for my blog. I always look forward to checking my Google Analytics report for the year at this time to see what resonated with you, my readers. When I started this blog back in 2012, I had no idea that it would become my full time job, and one that I really love! None of this would have been possible without the support of my readers. I truly appreciate each and every one of you. So here we are, folks, my Most Popular Posts of 2015.
Here at the Gardening cook, I talk about a lot of things, but my love of gardening is at the core of this site. And it is heart warming to know that 8 out of 10 of my most popular posts are related to gardening in some form. YAY Mother Earth… You rock girl! I have listed the posts in order of popularity with links to the articles in case you may not have read them.
1. Soda Bottle Drip Feeder for Plants. That’s right, you can use ordinary soda bottles to feed your plants from the root area. See how to do it here.
3. Sweet Tomatoes with Baking Soda. Who doesn’t love sweet tomatoes? Most garden tomatoes are super sweet but if you want to add a bit more of that delicious taste, try some baking soda. See how to do it here.
4. Osiria Rose. This heavily photo shopped rose is an actual plant, even though it doesn’t look like the popular photos that you see on line. Find out where to get it and how to grow it here.
5. Home Made Miracle Grow. Are you looking for a more organic method of fertilizing your plants? Try making your own “Miracle Grow” plant food. While not exactly the same, it is a pretty good alternative to the harsh chemical version.
6. Getting Rid of Ticks in your Yard. Ticks can cause Lyme disease and no one wants to find them in their yards. See my tips for making sure that your garden remains tick free.
7. Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden. Roses, hydrangeas and Camellias will really benefit from the addition of your coffee grounds in the soil nearby. So don’t throw out those coffee grounds, use them!
8. Using Baking Soda in the Garden. Baking soda is something that I use all around the house in various ways. It has many garden uses too. Find out how to use baking soda 10 ways in your garden.
9. Astilbe Plants for Shade Gardens. If you have a lot of shade in your garden, you know how hard it is to get something to flower. Don’t despair. Try growing Astilbe. It is a shade lover, with gorgeous flowers that thrive in the shade.
10. How to clean your burner drip pans the easy way. Last but not least…my burner drip pans were a mess until I discovered this no fuss way to clean them.
What do you think of my most popular posts. Did one of your favorite articles make the top 10? If it did not, please let us know which one you enjoyed more in the comments below.
A few of these posts have made the top 10 list two years in a row! See last years favorites here.
Are you wondering what made the list on my Recipes site this year? Head on over to Recipes Just 4U to find out.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."