Are you Interested in Writing a Guest Post on The Gardening Cook?
I am currently accepting a limited number of guest posts on my site, but I am very specific about the topics for which I accept content. Guest posting is a perfect opportunity to reach a new audience, network with other bloggers and, when done correctly, work a keyword for SEO. If you are interested in submitting a guest post for me to consider, please see my guidelines below.
I enjoy sharing the work of other writers in my niche. I also love sharing perspectives with my readers from another point of view which might be different from my own by way of guest posts on my site.
I have approximately 225,000 page views per month, via Google Analytics (updated June 1, 2018). I also have a combined social following of well over 145,000 followers. Many of my how to articles are consistently in my top 10 posts each month, so this is the type of post that I am looking for. (see below for details of topics that I will consider.)
Here is how guest posting works on The Gardening Cook. Be sure to read the entire set of rules for guest posting. If you email me and it’s obvious that you haven’t read them, I will simply delete your email with no response.
Guest Posts Overview:
- I have a set fee for guest posting of $1000.00 for sponsored content. Payment is via Paypal before the post is published.
- You must have a track record of writing good content. If you have a domain rank of less than 55, please do not apply.
- Your site must have a SSL certificate (must be https, not http.)
- The content must be unique content that you have not published on your blog or on any other blog, now or in the future. You may not take one post and publish it on multiple blogs. If you do this, Google will penalize all sites involved and this defeats the purpose of a guest post. Duplicate content will result in none of the sites being shown in search over time. I check all post submissions with Copyscape to prevent this from happening.
- The content is subject to my editorial approval.
- You will be required to follow a specific format, which I will provide to you should we agree on a post topic and time frame.
- All links will be no follow and the page will include an FTD disclaimer at the bottom. You are allowed one link to your own website in the bio section and up to 4 links in the body of the post, depending on the length of the post . I will check all links to make sure that they are items that I believe my readers will like, and any spammy links will be removed
- All links to any brands mentioned are subject to my approval and must fit my home and garden niche. Once again, All links will be nofollow. I do not accept any guest post with dofollow links in them.
- You may not use your own affiliate links in a guest post. I reserve the right to and will add affiliate links of my own.
- Posts must be a minimum of 1000 words.
- An image must be included for every 200 words. Images must be your own property, not those of others. I use Google image search to determine the ownership of images. Images must be high definition with at least one Pinterest worthy vertical image. All images must be 700 pixels wide.
- Please understand that the content belongs to The Gardening Cook when it has been published and may not be published again on another site, including your own. Content (and any links) will remain on my site indefinitely. Should links become broken in future, they will be removed.
- Don’t expect me to act as your proof reader!
- I reserve full approval and editorial rights for submissions. Submitting a guest post does not guarantee approval.
- Submissions will be via Google Docs with editing rights.
- I will edit the post for SEO purposes.
If you are interested in guest posting on The Gardening Cook, these are the topics for which I am currently accepting content.
Guest Post Topics:
- Seasonal Gardening DIY Projects
- Gardening tips to Save Money or Time (please search my site to make sure it has not been a topic already)
- Easy DIY Gardening Project Tutorials
- Gardening How To Grow articles not already on my site.
- Other Topics which are in my blog niche which you may suggest
If I choose to accept your guest post, I will work hard to promote the post so that it gets as much exposure as possible. It will be shared, over a course of time, on all of my social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest, including dozens of large group boards on Pinterest to which I am a contributor.
Do you Want to Guest Post?
If you are interested in guest posting on the Gardening Cook about one of the above topics, and if you agree to the overview points above, please email me with the following information.
- Acknowledge that you can comply with the overview outlined above on this page.
- Provide the URL for the site that you wish me to link to.
- Give me an overview of the topic about which you wish to write.
- Provide me with an example of what you consider to be an example of your best writing.
- If you got this far, my name is Carol and I’ll be looking to see if you include it in your email to me.
Once you have submitted a request, I will consider your request. I do not guarantee that all requests will be accepted. I have only a limited number of spots each month.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."