This easy Lemon Garlic Broccoli is a great go to recipe to make on those busy week nights when you are strapped for time.
Looking for an easy side dish that will compliment any protein choice? This tasty recipe is perfect for the job.
My family loves vegetables and it’s nice to try new ways with old favorites like broccoli.
It’s easy to get a real depth of flavor by just adding a few extra ingredients to a plain side of broccoli.
Easy Lemon Garlic Broccoli Recipe
The recipe could not be easier to make. Just saute everything and add some cheese in the last few minutes and add to any meal.
The lemon juice and lemon zest adds a nice tangy flavor and Jarlsberg cheese[ is the perfect full flavored cheese to add.
The flavor of this cheese is very rich so a little goes a long way and helps to keep the calories down.
For more healthy recipes, please visit me on Facebook.
What is your favorite quick go to meal on a busy night?
- 2 cups of broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- zest of a lemon
- 3 tbsp of Jarlsberg Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the broccoli into florets and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and stir fry the broccoli until slightly tender - about 5 minutes. 1/2 way through, add the garlic and cook.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and adjust seasoning.
- Add the grated cheese on top and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.