One of my favorite restaurant dishes is Shrimp Alfredo with broccoli. I love the richness of the dish.
My daughter always orders it when we eat out together too. It is one of my favorite shrimp recipes to make at home.
I have a bumper crop of broccoli in my garden and this recipe is a great way to use some of it!
This is my latest attempt at as slimming down one of our favorite recipes. You can’t imagine how pleased I was when I came up with this delicious version. Not only do I love the creamy dish, but my daughter says that she prefers it to the one we get when we dine out.
The recipe combines fettuccine noodles, with Gulf Shrimp in a creamy sauce made from milk and cream cheese.
For more great recipes be sure to visit my Facebook page, The Gardening Cook.
I had to de-vein these shrimp before I made the recipe. For tips on how to de-vein shrimp, please visit this page.
For a light version of this dish, check out my shrimp pasta with broccoli. It has no cream but is surprisingly rich and comforting.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine noodles
- 1 pound uncooked large Gulf shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1 stick of butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Fresh Italian parsley (to garnish)
- Cook the fettuccine noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the shrimp and garlic in the butter until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the broccoli in the microwave until it is just al dente. (don't let it get too soft) Does not take long...about 3 or 4 minutes. Set it aside.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the shrimp and garlic, combine the cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until the cheeses are melted and the mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Stir the broccoli, shrimp, salt and pepper into cheese sauce; heat through. Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with a little more grated parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve.