My husband and I love Indian curry and we love to eat this when we go out to our favorite Indian restaurants. Here in Raleigh, Indian restaurants seem to be jinxed. We just get a favorite one and then it closes. So, it was up to me to come up with my own version of tikka masala curry.
Tikka Masala Curry Crock Pot Recipe is easy to prepare.
This Tikka Masala Curry is a delightful mix of vegetables, cannelloni beans and and raw cashews, mixed with a delightful, spicy sauce and coconut milk. The ingredients are cooked in a slow cooker, and is easy to prepare.
Just put everything in the crock pot in the morning and you will return to a home filled with a delicious aroma of India. Serve with rice, avocado slices and warm pita pocket bread for a tasty and healthy meal.
If you love the taste of Indian food but have never tried making it, Amazon has a great cookbook for beginners to Indian Cooking. It is called Indian Home Cooking: A Fresh Introduction to Indian Food, with More Than 150 Recipes. (affiliate link)
For more great Indian restaurants, please visit my Pinterest International cooking board. Are Indian restaurants popular in your neck of the woods?
- 2 Leeks
- 14 oz Cannelloni Beans, drained
- 1 green zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow zucchini sliced
- 1 vidalia onion cut into chunks
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 package Saffron Road Organic Sauce - Tikka Marsala
- Sour cream, chives and spicy pickle to garnish.
- Put all of the vegetables except for the frozen corn and peas into a crock pot.
- Add the wine, Tikka sauce, and spices, as well as the vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours.
- 1/2 hour before serving, add the coconut milk, peas, corn and raw cashews.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and spicy pickles and chives. Serve with warm pita bread and rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 634mg Carbohydrates: 61g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 11g Protein: 20g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."