I love roasting almost all vegetables. It seems to bring out the natural sweetness in them. If your kids don’t like veggies, try roasting them. You may be surprised to find out how much they enjoy them. This Roasted Carrot salad is super easy to make and so delicious. Your family will ask for it again and again.
Add this Roasted Carrot Salad to you Next Meal and Get Rave Reviews
The recipe is super easy to make. The hardest part is slicing all the carrots!
Combine them with the almonds and garlic and then drizzle with olive oil to coat well.
Then lay them on out on baking sheet to cook. I use my silicone mat. They don’t stick to it and it makes clean up a breeze. Bake for 20-30 minutes then allow to cool.
Add the dried mixed fruit with the vinegar honey dressing, and you will have a tasty and hearty salad that is full of flavor and slightly sweet. You will wonder why you didn’t try roasting carrots before!
For another healthy salad option, try these”
Roasted Carrot Salad - Healthy Gluten Free Side Dish
- 5-6 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced. About 2 1/2 cups
- 1/4 C slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp dried fruit and nuts
- 2 cups of mixed greens and baby spinach
- Preheat your oven to 400º.
- Thinly slice your carrots, and then combine them with the almonds and garlic in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and mix well to coat.
- Season with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Spread in single layer on parchment paper or a silicone mat on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until carrots are tender, and not too soft.
- Remove and allow the mix to come to room temperature.
- Mix together the honey and vinegar and drizzle it over cooled carrots. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with the dried cranberries and, if desired, add more salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy