This vegan broccoli pasta is an adaptation of the regular recipe that contains full cream and butter. It’s a great choice for those who don’t eat dairy products.
It’s a versatile option that can be enjoyed for casual weeknight meals or as a special treat on Meatless Mondays. Keep reading to learn how to create this recipe that will have your family asking for more!
I have made some substitutions to the recipe to keep the flavor but remove any dairy products.
Fresh broccoli compliments the healthy aspect of recipe because who doesn’t love pasta dishes with broccoli? If broccoli isn’t your choice though, any veggie you enjoy could be added.
Making vegan broccoli pasta with a creamy sauce
To make this vegan garlic pasta recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Earth Balance Buttery sticks (replaces the butter in a normal recipe)
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable stock
- Pasta (spaghetti or angel hair pasta works well)
- Broccoli florets
- Vegan Parmesan cheese (replaces regular Parmesan cheese
- Silk Non Dairy Creamer (replaces normal cream)
- Arrowroot (to thicken the sauce)
- Fresh parsley
Heat the olive oil over medium-low heat and add the onion. Cook until tender.
Add the broccoli and garlic and stir, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
Mix in 2 tablespoons of the Earth Balance Buttery Sticks until they are melted. Add the salt, pepper and vegetable stock.
Raise the heat and let the mixture come to a boil.
Stir in the pasta and cook for until tender and al dente – about 11 minutes for spaghetti or 6 minutes for angel hair pasta.
Lower the heat to medium and mix in the Vegan Parmesan cheese until it has completely melted.
Combine the Silk creamer with the arrowroot in a small bowl.
Turn off the heat and stir in the cream mixture. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with garlic bread or a tossed salad.
Share this garlic pasta recipe on Twitter
If you enjoyed making this garlic broccoli pasta, be sure to share the recipe with a friend. Here is a tweet to get you started:Discover the ultimate comfort food of this creamy garlic broccoli pasta recipe! 🍝✨ Indulge in a velvety sauce that flavors our aromatic garlic and broccoli pasta recipe. It will make your taste buds sing and is perfect for… Click To Tweet
More healthy vegan recipes to try
Explore a mouthwatering collection of vegan recipes that are sure to tempt your taste buds. From hearty plant-based mains to delectable desserts, this list of recipes offers a delicious vegan option for every meal.
- Curried Carrot Soup with Tofu – Non Dairy Creamy Vegan Soup
- Vegan Lasagne With Eggplant and Mushrooms
- Double Dark Chocolate Ice Cream – Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Casserole – Baked Healthy Option
- Vegan Tropical Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- Thai Peanut Stir Fry With Brown Rice – Vegan Recipe for Meatless Monday
- Vegan Peanut Butter Walnut Fudge
Pin this recipe for creamy garlic pasta
Would you like a reminder of this recipe for vegan broccoli pasta? Just pin this image to one of your cooking boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
What toppings do you like to use on creamy garlic dishes? Please leave your comments below.
Admin note: this post for vegan creamy garlic pasta first appeared on the blog in April of 2013. I have updated the post to add new photos, a printable recipe card with nutritional information, and a video for you to enjoy.
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance Buttery sticks
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ½ lb pasta (angel hair or spaghetti)
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 cup grated Vegan Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup Silk Non Dairy Creamer
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Add the broccoli and garlic and stir, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the Earth Balance buttery sticks until melted. Add the salt, pepper and vegetable stock.
- Raise the heat to high and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Once it is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook for as long as the box’s directions indicate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and mix in the Vegan Parmesan until completely melted.
- Combine the Silk creamer and arrowroot.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cream mixture and parsley. Serve with garlic bread or a tossed salad
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 633Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 2276mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 26g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.