This delicious recipe for creamy broccoli and cheddar casserole is a side dish that I serve often at Thanksgiving.
It combines broccoli, cauliflower, and cheddar cheese with eggs for a rich and creamy taste that my family can’t resist.
Broccoli is the perfect vegetable to use in this dish. It has a mild flavor on its own, so cheese takes the taste to a whole new level.
Creamy Broccoli and Cheddar Casserole
The creamy au gratin recipe is full of flavor and comfort food at its best. Serve it with your favorite protein and wait for the positive reviews!
For more broccoli dishes, try one of these recipes. Some are side dishes like this creamy broccoli casserole and others feature broccoli with protein.
- Broccoli Salad with Orange Almond Dressing
- Lemon Garlic Broccoli – Tasty Side Dish
- Easy Crustless Bacon Quiche – Broccoli Cheddar Quiche Recipe
- Shrimp Alfredo with Broccoli – Creamy and Delicious
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 1/2 pound of cooked broccoli
- 1/2 pound of cooked cauliflower
- 8 ounces of cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup of full fat milk
- 3 large eggs
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a shallow oven dish or spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the cooked broccoli and cauliflower in the casserole dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Beat milk and eggs together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the broccoli.
- Place the plate in a larger casserole dish that has boiling water in it
- Bake the dish uncovered for 30 minutes or until the egg mixture sets.
- Serve warm with a salad and crusty bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 563mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 22g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.