They always say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It fuels you to give energy, brain power and even maintain a healthy weight. Studies show that those who eat breakfast actually overeat less later in the day than those who do not.
And children who eat breakfast traditionally do better in school. It’s not easy to concentrate when your stomach is growling is it? Neither is it for your child!
But what do you do if you do not have time to prepare a breakfast or are in a hurry and need something to eat on the run? There are many recipes that can be made in a flash, and even more that can be prepared the day before and served on the run. Even crock pots now have a timer feature that allows you to prepare breakfast the night before.
Try one of these easy breakfast ideas to make light of a busy weekday when time is at a premium.
1. Breakfast Hash browns – Gluten free and Whole30 start to your day that is ready in minutes.
2. Spinach Frittata with Mushrooms and Quiche – Dairy free, Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
3. Breakfast Pizzas with Canadian Bacon. The kids will love this one!
4. French Toast Breakfast Casserole. Place all the ingredients in a casserole the night before and bake it in the morning. Yum!
5. Healthy Breakfast Granola with fruit and Nuts. You don’t have to have just a tiny bit of this recipe.
6. Banana Muffins with Brown Sugar Strudel Topping. The topping is to die for!
7. Fast and Easy Egg Muffins. Made in muffin tins and so easy and fast!
8. Spinach Quiche with Gouda Cheese. Make this one the day before and slice it cold in the morning.
9. Banana Pecan Breakfast Buns. A bit more healthy than a cinnamon bun. Made with whole wheat flour.
10. Banana Nut Breakfast Bars. Loads of healthy goodness in these bars.
11. Lemon Poppy Seed muffins. My daughter’s favorite!
12. Easy Caramel Apple Oatmeal. Make it in a slow cooker the night before and serve it the next day for a quick and tasty breakfast.
13. Crustless Quiche Lorraine – all of the flavor of the traditional Julia Child recipe but much lower in fat and calories.
14. Another crustless quiche. This time it’s a bacon and broccoli quiche that I have lightened up.
If you like these recipes, Amazon has a great kindle book called 50 Easy Breakfast Recipes. (affiliate link) How’s that for easy? The recipe is right there on your kindle reader!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."