Pizza for breakfast? Yes, you can enjoy this often if you make this slimmed down healthy version of my breakfast pizzas. The kids will love to help you make this breakfast recipe by choosing their own toppings!
Let’s make some Breakfast pizzas
This recipe for Breakfast pizza uses a nutritious whole grain English muffin as the base and low fat Canadian bacon for the protein instead of the high fat regular bacon. Add any veggie toppings you like and you will have a tasty and healthy start to your day.
These are delicious and lovely to look at too. What toppings will you add to your breakfast pizza?
For more breakfast ideas, check out these tasty breakfast recipes
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split
- 2 tbsp of pizza sauce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ounce Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, for garnish
- Optional: broccoli florets, green peppers, pineapple chunks etc. The sky is the limit!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with foil.
- Place the English muffin halves cut-side up on the baking sheet. Add a tbsp of pizza sauce to each side and top each with tomato slice and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Canadian bacon over the tomatoes, then top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Sprinkle with basil.
- Optional: Before baking, you can also add your choice of fresh veggies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 705mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 10g Protein: 20g