Pizza for breakfast? Yes, you can enjoy this meal often if you make my slimmed down version. This breakfast pizza recipe is easy to make, super tasty and healthy, too.
Keep reading to find out how to make these English muffin mini pizzas.
Let’s make an English muffin breakfast pizza
The recipe for this easy breakfast pizza uses a nutritious English muffin as the base and low fat Canadian bacon for the protein instead of the regular high fat bacon.
Adding your favorite vegetable toppings, and low fat cheese will give you a tasty and healthy start to your day.
Gather your ingredients. You’ll need these items:
- English muffins (either plain or whole wheat is fine)
- Banana peppers (any sweet pepper works fine or choose another vegetable)
- Pizza sauce (make your own with this recipe)
- Olive oil
- Canadian bacon
- Fat free mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- Other English muffin toppings: pineapple, mushrooms, broccoli florets, diced carrots – the sky is the limit!
I have fresh basil growing in my herb garden right now. I grow fresh tomatoes and sweet peppers in raised beds and they are ready to harvest, so they’re the perfect choice to add to these mini breakfast pizzas.
I like to use the combination of fat free mozzarella and normal Parmesan. The fat free cheese saves on calories, but the grated fresh Parmesan adds a ton of flavor and one ounce goes a long way on this English muffin pizza recipe.
Making the homemade breakfast pizzas
Start by splitting the English muffins. You’ll get two mini pizzas out of each English muffin. Heat your oven to 450°F.
Chop the banana peppers and dice and seed the tomatoes. Tip: If you use Roma tomatoes, they don’t have too many seeds, so de-seeding is not necessary.
Dice the ham and fresh basil.
Making the individual mini pizzas is just a process of layering all the prepped ingredients. Top the English muffin halves with pizza sauce and layer the tomatoes. Add the chopped peppers. Garnish with chopped basil.
Sprinkle with the fat free mozzarella cheese and grate some fresh parmesan on the top.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes until the cheese is starting to bubble and brown slightly.
How do the mini English muffin pizzas taste?
We love fresh garden vegetables at our house, so the flavor of these breakfast pizzas is a hit. They are crunchy and sweet with a comfort food feel from the taste of the melted cheese, but the freshness of the vegetables comes through beautifully.
And because they are pizzas, the kids will gobble them up and get a healthy dose of vitamins. A win, win!
Share this recipe for mini breakfast pizzas on TwitterPizza for breakfast? Sure, with this easy English muffin breakfast pizza recipe. Head to The Gardening Cook to find out how to make them.🍕🍅🍕#breakfastpizza #englishmuffinpizza Click To Tweet
How many calories in a mini breakfast pizza?
The serving size on this recipe is two mini pizzas. They have 356 calories, 11 grams of fat, 4 grams of fiber and 27 grams of protein for both mini pizzas.
Not too bad as far as pizzas go!
More healthy breakfast ideas
Are you looking for new and interesting recipes for breakfast? Try one of these healthy vegetable themed ideas:
- Crustless Chicken Quiche – Healthy and Light Breakfast Recipe
- How to Make an Awesome Swiss Chard Breakfast Skillet
- Paleo Sweet Potato Breakfast Stacks
- Gluten Free Egg Cups – Healthy Breakfast Idea
- Egg White Quiche with Vegetables – Healthy Crustless Quiche Recipe
This Canadian bacon pizza is delicious and lovely to look at too. Pretty much any vegetables will work for the recipe. What toppings will you add to your healthy breakfast pizza?
Pin this English muffin breakfast pizza recipe
Would you like a reminder of this recipe for a healthy and easy breakfast pizza? Just pin this image to one of your recipe boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
Admin note: this post for English muffin pizzas first appeared on the blog in June of 2013. I have updated the post to add all new photos, a printable recipe card with nutritional info, and a video for you to enjoy.
- 2 English muffins, split
- 5 tablespoons of pizza sauce
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped banana peppers
- 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Chop the sweet peppers. Dice and seed the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Place the English muffin halves cut-side up on the baking sheet. Add a tablespoon of pizza sauce to each side, top each with diced tomato and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Add the chopped sweet peppers.
- Sprinkle the Canadian bacon over the tomatoes and peppers, add the fresh basil. and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 1155mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.