I can never get enough banana muffin recipes. I love bananas but there always seem some that manage to get over ripe and I never want to waste them, so I use them in all types of baked goods.
This scrumptious banana muffin has a delicious brown sugar strudel topping that melts in your mouth. They are easy to prepare and make a great on the go breakfast.
Have you ever started a recipe only to discover that your brown sugar has hardened? No problem! These 6 easy tips for softening brown sugar are sure to help.
I love to make my own muffins from scratch. They are much cheaper, much healthier (no nasty chemicals) and most of all, a batch of them actually fills twelve muffins cups to make decent sized muffins.
These banana muffins are moist and delicious and the strudel topping makes them stand apart from ordinary banana muffins. Your family will ask you to make them again and again. And best of all…no wasted bananas, no matter how many spots they get on them!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup granulate sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (I use free range eggs)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 ºF . Prepare you muffin cups by greasing or lining with muffin papers.
- In ta large bowl, combine together 1 1/2 cups flour, the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together the bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- For the crumble topping, in a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour and the cinnamon. Cut in 1 tbsp of butter until mixture becomes crumbly. Sprinkle the topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy
Original recipe slightly adapted from All Recipes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."