This chicken pizza recipe is full of flavor and goodness. It has a nice mix of garden fresh veggies to up the nutritional content and keep the calories down when compared to heavier toppings.
This chicken pizza is super easy to make.
I used a pre-baked pizza crust so that the recipe would be ready quickly. It just takes about 9 minutes in the oven and is ready for your toppings. A rotisserie chicken adds to the easy recipe. The toppings I used were canned artichoke hears and a trio of colorful peppers as well as some olives. Fresh mozzarella rounds out the ingredient list.
Spread the pasta sauce over the cooked crust and arrange the chicken, artichoke hearts, peppers and olives on top.
Sprinkle with the cheese and put under the broiler for about 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook Recipes on Facebook.
- 1 Boboli thin pizza crust
- 6 ounces of cooked chicken
- 1 1/4 cups of marinara tomato sauce. (I love Newman's tomato sauces)
- 14 ounce of artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup of sweet peppers chopped (I used all color peppers)
- 2 tablespoons of sliced olives
- 3/4 cup of part skim mozzarella cheese
- Turn on the oven to 450 Degrees F.
- Place the crust directly on to the oven rack and cook it for about 9 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Preheat the broiler and remove the pizza crust.
- While the broiler preheats, heat the chicken in the microwave about 30 seconds. Spread pasta sauce over the crust and arrange the chicken, artichoke hearts, peppers and olives on top.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and put under the broiler for about 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 1379mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 11gSugar: 9gProtein: 30g