This chicken pizza recipe is full of flavor and goodness.
It has a nice mix of garden fresh veggies to up the nutritional content and keep the calories down when compared to heavier toppings.
No need to get take away pizza. Pizzas are very easy to make at home and you can use ingredients that you have on hand to customize it to the tastes of your family.
Today, we’ll be making a homemade pizza using artichokes and chicken.
This chicken pizza is super easy to make.
I used a pizza crust kit so that the recipe would be ready quickly. It is quick to make and then ready for your toppings.
A rotisserie chicken adds to the easy recipe. (You can even use the left over rotisserie chicken container in some gardening ways later.)
Check out my rotisserie chicken mini terrarium for a few ideas.
The toppings I used were canned artichoke hearts, mushrooms, grape tomatoes and a green peppers. Vary your toppings to suit your taste.
Fresh mozzarella rounds out the ingredient list.
Make the pizza crust, then spread the pasta sauce over the cooked crust and arrange the chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, peppers and olives on top.
Sprinkle with the cheese and put under the broiler for about 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
More pizza recipes
Looking for new pizza recipes? Try one of these:
- Gluten Free Black Bean Pizza with Corn and Veggies
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza
- Vegetarian Pizza with Pineapple
- Hawaiian Chicken Pineapple and Mixed Peppers Pizza
- French bread pizza
- 1 pizza crust mix
- 6 ounces of cooked chicken
- 1 1/4 cups of marinara tomato sauce
- 14 ounce of artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 cup of green peppers chopped
- 4 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup of part skim mozzarella cheese
- Turn on the oven to 450 Degrees F.
- Make your pizza crust according to box directions and cook until golden brown.
- Remove and heat the broiler.
- While the broiler preheats, heat the chicken in the microwave about 30 seconds. Spread pasta sauce over the cooked crust and arrange the chicken, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and put under the broiler for about 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 594Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 1349mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 11gSugar: 10gProtein: 31g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.