This Chicken Bacon Alfredo pizza definitely takes pizza to the next level. It is creamy and fresh tasting and easy to assemble.
Our family loves pizza, but I have grown very tired of the traditional tomato sauce variety. I love to experiment with olive oil bases, or other unusual ways to make pizza.
Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza – A Gourmet Experience!
The pizza uses a home made Alfredo sauce instead of a tomato sauce and then teams it up with chicken and bacon, (and a few mushrooms thrown in just because!)
It is both rich and delicious and is still easy to prepare. Dinner can be ready in less than 30 minutes but no one will know just how easy this is to make.
I had a lot of fun making this pizza.
This pizza also gave me a chance to use up some left overs from a bacon wrapped chicken recipe that I made a few nights ago.
Since the toppings for this pizza also call for bacon, this chicken was a match made in heaven! You can use any left over chopped chicken you like for your toppings.
Store bought rotisserie chickens work just fine for this recipe. You can even use the rotisserie chicken container in some gardening ways later. Check out my rotisserie chicken mini terrarium for a few ideas.
Just make your Alfredo sauce and then spread it on the pizza base, add your toppings and cook for 15 minutes.
Next layer your chicken, mushrooms and bacon. I loaded mine up well.
Then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for about 14 minutes. You can add a lot of cheese or just a little. Both way work fine. Perfect week night meal in a hurry that will look (and taste!) like you spent hours preparing it.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp onion flakes
- 1 tbsp flour, plus more for dusting the pizza base
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, finely sliced
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF . In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and mix in the garlic salt and onion flakes. Whisk in the flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in the cream and milk. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and allow to cook gently for 20 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and add the Parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper then return to the heat, stirring occasionally until ready to use.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough into a 13-14 inch round crust. Place the dough on a greased pizza pan or baking dish. You can also use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Spread your prepared sauce over the dough to about 1 inch from the edge. Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese and top with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, and basil. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into slices and serve.