This Hawaiian chicken pineapple pizza recipe is for chicken lovers. It has a Hawaiian theme with the grilled chicken breast pieces, fresh pineapple and mixed peppers.
Why go out for pizza or have it delivered when you can make our own homemade pizza that will have a ton of flavor and cost a lot less than a retail one?
You can load the pizza with your favorite toppings too, without paying extra for each one.
Chicken Pineapple and Mixed Peppers Pizza
It is a moderately soft cheese that melts beautifully and goes well with these Hawaiian flavors. What is not to like about rum and pineapple, after all?
Gather your ingredients. One boneless, skinless chicken breast will do. You will also need about 1/4 of a fresh pineapple, some pepper rings.
I used three from my garden, yellow banana, and a red and green. Grated cheese and your fresh pizza sauce are the only other ingredients.
Cook the chicken pieces in a pan sprayed with Pam cooking spray.
I made the sauce right before I made the pizza. It only takes 15 minutes and is delicious.
You can also make the recipe ahead of time and it freezes well. Sauce recipe.
You can either make your own pizza crust or use a packaged one. For this pizza, I used a Boboli pizza base. Next step it to grate the cheese.
Spread the pizza sauce over the base evenly. Leave about 1/2 inch at the edges so the sauce does not drip over the edges and burn in the oven.
Scatter your chicken pieces, pepper rings and pineapple chunks evenly over the pizza being sure leave the 1/2 inch edge.
Top evenly with the cheese. Cook in a preheated oven 450 º F oven. Use the bottom shelf for the crispiest crust. A pizza stone is best but a pizza pan or cookie sheet will do too.
I cooked mine about 10 minutes.
- 1 Boboli pizza base (or any type of base you want. Homemade is best but I was in a hurry tonight.)
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks.
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers, cut into rings.
- 1 tbsp of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pound of Sartori rum runner cheese shredded
- 12 oz home made sauce - recipe: http://thegardeningcook.com/homemade-pizza-sauce/
- Preheat the oven to 450º F. Be sure your oven is very hot. You want your crust to be crispy.
- Spray a pan with Pam cooking spray and cook the chicken pieces until lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the pizza base, leaving 1/2 inch of base free at the edges.
- Scatter the chicken pieces, pepper strips and pineapple chunks evenly over the sauce. Add the basil leaves and top with the shredded cheese.
- Place on a pizza stone or pizza pan and place on the bottom shelf of the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the base is browned and cheese is nicely melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 17g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.