This tangy grapefruit honey vinaigrette dressing is fast and easy to do and uses up grapefruit if you happen to have some that are starting to be not so great for eating. (Or if you buy them instead of oranges by mistake like I recently did.)
The dressing is so easy to do. Just assemble all the ingredients and whisk away.
You will need:
- fresh grapefruit
- dry mustard
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
The tanginess of the grapefruit is cut nicely with the addition of the mustard and honey, and there is very little oil in the dressing so it makes a fairly light addition to a salad too. Each tablespoon has about a half teaspoon of oil.
I’m all about healthy this year and this dressing fits the bill well.
I used the dressing on my Citrus Spinach salad with chicken and walnuts and it was scrumptious.
- 3 tbsp grapefruit juice
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp garlic wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- dash cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until frothy and well combined.
- Store in an airtight container. Makes 1/2 cup and can easily be doubled to make more if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.