These delicious stuffed mushrooms would make a great side vegetable or a party appetizer. Use white button mushrooms that hold up well to fillings.
Mushrooms are one of my favorite vegetables to use for small bites to start a party.
The cap of a mushroom is the perfect place to add all sorts of ingredients to give texture and flavor to an appetizer.
This recipe uses the chopped mushroom stems, fresh oregano with a light cheddar cheese and Panko bread crumbs to deliver a delicious bite that your guests will love. Top them with fresh parsley and let the guests dig in!
Perfect party appetizer – stuffed mushrooms
I love having friends over for drinks and light bites. These stuffed mushrooms are a favorite with my party guests.
The recipe is fast and easy and the finished result is so tasty. Your platter will be empty in no time at all!
You can adapt this recipe as you like. Just experiment! How about some finely chopped sausage, or olives? If you like a salty taste, add some anchovies. The sky is the limit on creativity on a stuffed mushroom.
Looking for a vegetarian option for mushrooms? Try these two recipes:
- Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with Kale and Quinoa
- Vegetarian Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – With Vegan Options
Stuffed Mushrooms with Cheddar Cheese
Panko bread crumbs give a light and crisp finish to these amazing stuffed mushrooms
- 18 white mushrooms
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups of Panko Bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of fresh oregano
- 3 1/2 ounces of reduced fat Cabot Cheddar cheese (any type will do but I prefer the flavor of Cabot cheeses)
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Wash the mushrooms and pat dry. Remove the stems and finely chop them and also remove the gills and discard.
- Sauté the mushroom stems and scallions in 2 teaspoons of the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushroom stems and scallions.
- Add the bread crumbs and oregano and mix well.
- Crumble the cheese into small pieces in a bowl.
- Add the cheese to the crumb mixture and combine well. Spoon it in to the mushroom caps.
- Drizzle the remainder of the oil over the mushrooms.
- Broil on a well oiled broiler rack under a preheated medium high broiler for about 10 minutes, until cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot as a side dish or appetizer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.