These delicious stuffed mushrooms would make a great side vegetable or a party appetizer. Use larger mushrooms to get more flavor in the dish.
Perfect Party Appetizer – Stuffed Mushrooms
I love having friends over for drinks and light bites. These stuffed mushrooms are a favorite with my party guests.
The recipe is fast and easy and the finished result is so tasty. Your platter will be empty in no time at all!
You can adapt this recipe as you like. Just experiment! How about some finely chopped sausage, or olives? If you like a salty taste, add some anchovies. The sky is the limit on creativity on a stuffed mushroom.
See more party foods on The Gardening Cook Recipes on Facebook.
- 12 large flat mushrooms
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups of Panko Bread crumbs (can also use fresh bread crumbs but I love the crispiness of the Panko crumbs.)
- 1 tsp of fresh oregano
- 3 1/2 ounces of reduced fat Cabot Cheddar cheese (any type will do but I prefer the flavor of Cabot cheeses)
- Wash the mushrooms and pat dry. Remove the stems and finely chop them and also remove the gills and discard.
- Saute the mushroom stems and scallions in 2 tsp of the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushroom stems and scallions. Add the bread crumbs and oregano and mix well.
- Crumble the cheese into small pieces in a bowl. Add the cheese to the crumb mixture and combine well. Spoon it in to the mushroom caps.
- Drizzle the remainder of the oil over the mushrooms. Broil on a well oiled broiler rack under a preheated medium high broiler for about 10 minutes, until cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot as a side dish or appetizer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 165mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 4g