Roasted Pork loin is so delicious when combined with any type of fruit. This recipe, which uses plums, also adds a mint sauce for extra taste and flavor. The pork loin can be either roasted in the oven or placed on a closed barbecue grill for extra crispiness.
Roasted Pork Loin with Plums and Mint sauce – Perfect for any special occasion.
This recipe for roasted pork loin is best if you salt the roast and allow it to brine overnight and then roast it the next day.
Cook the pork in a preheated 350 degree oven until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F. Set aside, covered with foil.
The delicious sauce is prepared in a food processor. Blend the chili pepper, mint, ginger, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and 6 tbsp olive oil until smooth.
Brush the plums with the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil and place on the grill or on a grill pan on the stove and cook about 8-10 minutes. Do not turn them.
Cut the roast into 1/2 inch slices and serve with the mint sauce and plums.
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook Recipes on Facebook.
- 4 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 serrano chili pepper
- 2 cups of fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 6 extra tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ripe plums cut in half
- Sprinkle the roast with 1 tsp of the salt. Place it in a bowl and cover. Leave overnight to brine.
- Remove the roast and dry it with paper towels. Coast the roast with 1 tsp of the olive oil and let
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the roast in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes per pound until the temperature reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil.
- Remove the stem from the chili pepper. (if you want a milder sauce, remove the seeds too.) In a food processor, blend the chili pepper, mint, ginger, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and 6 tbsp olive oil until smooth. set aside.
- Brush the plums with the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil and place on the grill or on a grill pan on the stove and cook about 8-10 minutes. Do not turn them.
- Cut the roast into 1/2 inch slices and serve with the mint sauce and plums.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 41g