I really love stuffed portobello mushrooms. They are so creamy, warm and delicious.
I am always looking for new ideas on how to prepare them. We often have meatless Mondays at our house and this is a recipe that I make often.
These stuffed Portobello mushrooms with Laughing Cow cheese make an impressive appetizer or a delightful side dish. The combination of earthy mushrooms, creamy cheese, and aromatic fresh herbs creates a flavor profile that is sure to please your taste buds.
Keep reading to learn how to make this simple yet irresistible Laughing Cow cheese recipe and savor every mouthful of these delectable and healthy stuffed mushrooms.
This idea for using Laughing Cow cheese came to me in my sleep last night.
Normally I just use rice, bread crumbs and cheese to stuff the mushrooms. This recipe is a little different, since I was trying to come up with a low carbohydrate version of the traditional recipe.
What is Laughing Cow cheese?
Laughing Cow cheese is a brand of cheese that is known for its distinctive round, individually wrapped portions. It originated in France and is sold world wide.
Each triangle portion of the cheese contains around 35-50 calories, depending on the flavor you use. There are several flavors to try including the French onion variety that I used in today’s recipe.
Are you wondering what to do with Laughing Cow cheese other than eating it plain as a snack?
The cheese is soft and spreadable, with a smooth texture and a mild, creamy taste. This makes it perfect to use as a stuffing for my stuffed portobello mushroom recipe.
Ingredients for these stuffed portobello mushrooms
These stuffed Portobello mushrooms are a delightful combination of earthy mushrooms, and creamy Laughing Cow cheese. You’ll also need a few other ingredients:
- Portobello Mushrooms
- White mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh purple basil
- Salt and pepper
- Jarlsberg cheese to finish
Remove the gills and stems from the portobello mushrooms.
Cut 1 wedge of the Laughing Cow cheese into pieces and place on the inside of each mushroom. Add 1/2 of the onion mixture on top of the cheese in each mushroom and finish with the Jarlsberg cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
This recipe has the creaminess of the French onion cheese flavor as a base and is just delightful. My meat eating husband gave these a thumbs up at dinner tonight!
Share this stuffed mushroom recipe on Twitter
If you enjoyed these Laughing Cow stuffed mushrooms, be sure to share the recipe with a friend. Here is a tweet to get you started:Looking for a mouthwatering appetizer? Try these stuffed Portobello mushrooms with creamy Laughing Cow cheese! 😋🧀 🍄 This simple recipe combines earthy mushrooms, flavorful fresh, and luscious cheese for a delightful culinary… Click To Tweet
Other stuffed mushroom recipes
Looking for more stuffed mushroom recipes? Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, looking for a flavorful appetizer, or simply craving a delicious bite-sized treat, these stuffed mushroom recipes are sure to impress.
- Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with Kale and Quinoa
- Vegetarian Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – With Vegan Options
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Cheddar Cheese – Party Appetizer
- Asparagus Pepper Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
Pin this Recipe for Laughing Cow stuffed mushrooms
Would you like a reminder of this recipe using Laughing Cow cheese? Just pin this image to one of your cooking boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
Admin note: this recipe for Laughing Cow stuffed mushroom cap recipe first appeared on the blog in April of 2013. I have updated the post to add all new photos, a printable recipe card with nutritional information, and a video for you to enjoy.
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 medium white mushrooms, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh purple basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 wedges of Laughing cow cheese (I used the French onion variety)
- 1 ounce of Jarlsberg cheese
- Fresh parsley to garnish - optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the onion, mushrooms and garlic with the olive oil and cook until the onions have caramelized, about 2 minutes. Add the fresh herbs and season to taste. Set aside.
- Remove the gills and stems from the portobello mushrooms.
- Cut the wedges of Laughing cow cheese into small pieces and place half in each mushroom cap.)
- Add 1/2 of the onion mixture on top of the cheese in each mushroom.
- Finish with the Jarlsberg cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.