I really love stuffed portobello mushrooms. They are so creamy, warm and delicious.
I am always looking for new ideas on how to prepare them. We often have meatless Mondays at our house and this is a recipe that I make often.
This idea for using Laughing Cow cheese came to me in my sleep last night.
Normally I just use rice, bread crumbs and cheese to stuff the mushrooms. This recipe is a little different, since I was trying to come up with a low carb version of the traditional recipe.
Laughing Cow Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
This recipe has the creaminess of the French onion cheese as a base and is just delightful.
My meat eating husband gave these a thumbs up at dinner tonight!
The Portobello mushrooms are first layered with chunks of the Laughing Cow cheese and then topped with caramelized onion, garlic and white mushrooms.
Top the whole thing with Jarlsberg cheese and you have a great side dish taste sensation.
Looking for a vegetarian option? Try these two recipes:
- Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with Kale and Quinoa
- Vegetarian Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – With Vegan Options
For more healthy recipes, please visit my Facebook Recipe Page.
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Laughing Cow Cheese
Lighten up the traditional stuffed mushroom recipe by using laughing cow cheese to top it.
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 medium white mushrooms, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp of fresh oregano.
- 1 tbsp of fresh purple basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 wedges of Laughing cow French onion cheese
- 1 ounces of Jarlsberg cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the onion, mushrooms and garlic with the olive oil and cook until the onions have caramelized, about 2 minutes. Add the spices and season to taste. Set aside.
- Remove the gills and stem from the portobello mushrooms.
- Spread 1 wedge of the Laughing cow cheese on the inside of each mushroom. (I cut it instead of spreading so I don't break the mushroom.)
- Add 1/2 of the onion mixture on top of the cheese.
- Finish with the Jarlsberg cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.