I really love stuffed portobello mushrooms. They are so creamy, warm and delicious. I make them all the time and am always looking for new ideas on how to prepare them. This idea for using Laughing Cow cheese came to me in my sleep last night.
Laughing Cow Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
Normally I just use rice, bread crumbs and cheese to stuff the mushrooms. This recipe is a little different, since I was trying to come up with a low carb version of the traditional recipe. This recipe has the creaminess of the French onion cheese as a base and is just delightful.
My meat eating husband gave these a thumbs up at dinner tonight!
The Portobello mushrooms are first layered with chunks of the laughing cow cheese and then topped with caramelized onion, garlic and white mushrooms. Top the whole thing with Jarlsberg cheese and you have a great side dish taste sensation.
For more healthy recipes, please visit my Facebook Page.
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 medium white mushrooms, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp of fresh oregano.
- 1 tbsp of fresh purple basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 wedges of Laughing cow French onion cheese
- 1 ounces of Jarlsberg cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the onion, mushrooms and garlic with the olive oil and cook until the onions have caramelized, about 2 minutes. Add the spices and season to taste. Set aside.
- Remove the gills and stem from the portobello mushrooms.
- Spread 1 wedge of the Laughing cow cheese on the inside of each mushroom. (I cut it instead of spreading so I don't break the mushroom.)
- Add 1/2 of the onion mixture on top of the cheese.
- Finish with the Jarlsberg cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 438mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 7g Protein: 12g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."