Two of my favorite recipes in one dish – orange rosemary chicken and garlic mashed potatoes – what more could one ask for?
Well, making it a skinny recipe might help too, and I have done just that!
The chicken breasts are beautifully flavored with oranges and rosemary, and the potatoes are smooth and creamy with lots of flavor.
Best of all, this recipe comes together in just 30 minutes!
Orange rosemary chicken with garlic mashed potatoes
We love mashed potatoes at our house, especially when the potatoes are combined with garlic. They have a comfort food feel that is nostalgic and homey.
I serve them often and tonight, they get paired with orange rosemary chicken.
I love cooking with fresh rosemary. It adds a delightful musky taste to any recipe and compliments chicken beautifully.
This recipe is easy to do and so delicious. Even better, it has been lightened up a bit and only has about 325 calories in total!
Be sure to cook the chicken over a medium heat so that you do not burn the rosemary. Some things just can’t be rushed!
More chicken recipes
Do you love chicken too? Try one of these recipes:
- Lemon Chicken Piccata Recipe – Tangy and Bold Mediterranean Flavor
- Honey Chicken Wings – Oven Zesty Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Sticky Chicken Wings in the Oven – Super Bowl Party Food with Chutney
- Garlic Lemon Chicken – Mustard Herb Sauce – Easy 30 Minute Recipe
- One Pan Roasted Chicken Dinner
For the chicken
- 1 navel orange, large
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mediterranean sea salt
- 1/2 teapoon of freshly ground cracked black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts about 6 ounces each
- Pam cooking spray
For the potatoes
- 1 pound potatoes quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of skim milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of light butter (Land o Lakes makes a good one)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water over a medium heat for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain and return back to the saucepan.
- Mash the potatoes and add milk, salt, butter, pepper and garlic to your desired consistency.
- Cover and set aside but keep warm.
- While the potatoes are cooking, grate the rind from the orange so that you have about 1 teaspoon.
- Cut the orange into wedges. Combine the orange rind, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl. Rub this mixture over the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat and also coat the pan with Pam cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes on each side until cooked. It should be lightly browned on the outside and white inside.
- Place on serving dishes and squeeze the oranges over the breasts.
- Serve with the garlic potatoes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 18g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.