These roasted potatoes with lemon are cooked in the oven, not deep fried, to make them tasty and healthier at the same time.
Roasting any vegetable brings out their natural sweetness.
I love roasted potatoes, especially when combined with spices. There is nothing like biting into a crispy outer skin and then having a creamy center surprise.
Roasted Potatoes with Lemon – Printable Recipe
The recipe is easy to make but don’t let that fool you. The taste is just delicious.
Be sure you cook in a hot oven to make sure that you get a crunchy outside. I used oregano, paprika and garlic as well as lemons to season my potatoes.
For more great side dish recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
What is your favorite way to make potatoes?
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 lemons
- pepper to taste
- Italian parsley to finish
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Peel the potatoes, and cut them into medium sized pieces. Try to get the pieces all about the Grate one of the lemons into a bowl and then add the juice of both lemons.
- Combine 4 tbsp olive oil, a good pinch of black pepper, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Kosher salt , 3 tsp of diced fresh oregano and 3 cloves of diced garlic.
- Add the vegetable broth.
- Mix these ingredients well and add the potatoes. Stir well to mix all of the spices and oil on to the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes into a baking dish, sprinkle with another dash of sea salt and the diced parsley. Sprinkle the paprika over the top, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Finish with more shopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.