We have tacos and burritos a lot at my house. Most of the time, we use traditional toppings and sides. This black bean salsa is a nice change from the regular bottled salsa and is much more hearty.
Black Bean Salsa Printable recipe
I also love to make my own salsa. There are dozens of ways to put together this popular party appetizer without resorting to the normal spicy tomato pasta.
For this dish, I chose red onion, garlic, fresh limes, tomatoes, sweet peppers, jalapeño peppers, black beans and corn. Fresh cilantro adds a bit of spice to this delicious dish.
For more great healthy recipes, please visit my Gardening Cook page on Facebook.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, both the zest & the juice
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & diced
- 1 c. black beans
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the onions, garlic lime zest, juice and salt in a large bowl. Stir so that everything is mixed well. Let it rest while the rest of the ingredients are chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately. Can also be refrigerated. Great as a side dish for tacos and burritos.
Amount Per Serving Calories 91 Total Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 40mg Carbohydrates 19g Fiber 4g Sugar 7g Protein 4g