We have tacos and burritos a lot at my house. Most of the time, we use traditional toppings and sides. This black bean salsa is a nice change from the regular bottled salsa and is much more hearty.
Black Bean Salsa Printable recipe
I also love to make my own salsa. There are dozens of ways to put together this popular party appetizer without resorting to the normal spicy tomato pasta.
For this dish, I chose red onion, garlic, fresh limes, tomatoes, sweet peppers, jalapeño peppers, black beans and corn.
If you cook your corn for this recipe instead of using frozen, check out my tips for removing corn silk easily from corn every time.
Fresh cilantro also adds a bit of spice herb to this delicious dish.
For more great healthy recipes, please visit my Gardening Cook page on Facebook.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, both the zest & the juice
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & diced
- 1 c. black beans
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the onions, garlic lime zest, juice and salt in a large bowl. Stir so that everything is mixed well. Let it rest while the rest of the ingredients are chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately. Can also be refrigerated. Great as a side dish for tacos and burritos.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.