We have tacos and burritos a lot at my house. Most of the time, we use traditional toppings and sides. This black bean salsa is a nice change from the regular bottled salsa and is much more hearty.
Black Bean Salsa Printable recipe
I also love to make my own salsa. There are dozens of ways to put together this popular party appetizer without resorting to the normal spicy tomato pasta.
For this dish, I chose red onion, garlic, fresh limes, tomatoes, sweet peppers, jalapeño peppers, black beans and corn. Fresh cilantro adds a bit of spice to this delicious dish.
For more great healthy recipes, please visit my Gardening Cook page on Facebook.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, both the zest & the juice
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & diced
- 1 c. black beans
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the onions, garlic lime zest, juice and salt in a large bowl. Stir so that everything is mixed well. Let it rest while the rest of the ingredients are chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately. Can also be refrigerated. Great as a side dish for tacos and burritos.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 40mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 4g