If you are looking for an easy weeknight meal , this pizza roll up recipe is a great option. The recipe combines chicken with spicy sauce in a refrigerated dough.
It’s kind of like a pizza in a pocket.
All the flavors combine to make a delicious filling that tastes amazing.
Pizza Roll up with Spicy Chicken – Printable Recipe
I baked my bacon in the oven. It is easy to do and makes sure that most of the fat drips away, so it saves calories too. While it is cooking the rest of the ingredients are made on the stove top and then places into refrigerated pizza crust and baked.
Very easy and the kids will love to help.
Add a tossed salad and you have a great meal for those busy nights when you don’t feel like spending too much time cooking.
Your kids (and husband!) will love these.
For more easy recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chilis, drained
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin Olive Oil
- Sesame seeds - optional
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Place the bacon on a rack and cook until until crisp - about 10 minutes. Set aside
- While the bacon is cooking, add the olive oil in a skillet and add the chicken; cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes. Crumble bacon and add to skillet along with the corn kernels.
- Drain extra liquid if necessary; stir in the dressing mix.
- Unroll the dough on nonstick cookie sheet; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spread chicken mixture over cheese. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Starting on 1 long side, roll up; turn seam side down.
- Brush with the olive oil.
- Bake 23 to 27 minutes or until deep golden brown. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Cover with foil to prevent over browning if necessary. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut on diagonal to serve.
- Serve hot with a tossed salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 930mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 29g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.