I’m a quiche lady. I love the combination of eggs and veggies cooked in a pastry crust. But cooking a quiche the normal way means lots of calories and fat which I don’t want. This egg white quiche combines a my vegetables with just egg whites to give you a breakfast option that is lower in calories and much more healthy. And best of all, it has no crust, so you are saving even more.
Egg White Quiche is a healthy lower calorie option.
The recipe serves 8 at only 100 calories each! Most of the calories from the eggs, so using lots of egg whites gives you volume and flavor with far less calories. The fresh veggies make it so tasty and nutritious. What a great way to start your day!
For more quiche ideas, check out these recipes:
- Spinach Gouda and Onion Quiche
- Crustless Chicken Quiche
- Basic Cheese Quiche
- Crustless Quiche Lorraine
For more healthy recipes, please visit my Facebook page.
Have you tried cooking with egg whites instead of whole eggs? What do you think of the end results?
Looking for another healthy breakfast idea? Try this Spinach Frittata with Mushrooms and Leeks. It’s amazing!
- 8 egg whites (reserve yolks for baking later)
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup diced onion
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere Cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 2 cups steamed Organic Baby Spinach, squeeze out excess moisture
- ½ cup Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 4 pieces Roasted Red Peppers, sliced in strips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roast the red peppers for about 30 minutes. (can also be charred on a gas stove or grill to save time)
- Cook the onion and garlic in a pan sprayed with Pam for a few minutes until tender.
- Beat together Egg Whites, milk and cheese. Add the onion and garlic.
- Layer spinach, peppers and tomatoes and peppers in a buttered deep dish glass pie plate, arranging top layer attractively. Carefully pour egg mixture over layers.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let sit 15 minutes before cutting.