This basic cheese quiche is so easy to make, there is no reason to buy store bought versions of it. As a bonus, you get all the goodness of home made without any of the chemicals of retail convenience food.
Basic Cheese Quiche – Tasty and Easy to Make
I have shown the recipe here as a luncheon entree with my recipe for Greek Salad with Calamata olives and goat cheese. It is great warm or cold and also makes a great breakfast main course.
What is your favorite type of quiche? Do you like a basic recipe or do you prefer your quiche loaded with other ingredients?
To see more great recipes, Please visit my Facebook Gardening Cook Page.
For more quiche ideas, check out these recipes:
- Egg white Crustless Quiche
- Crustless Chicken Quiche
- Spinach Gouda and Onion Quiche
- Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie shell, unbaked and chilled
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream, gently heated just until warm
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425°; prick the crust all over with a fork. Line it with tin foil and weight the bottom with a pile of dried beans, so that they will sit flat on the surface.
- Bake for 12 minutes; remove from the oven and carefully remove the weight and foil; turn the oven to 325°.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and cook the onion until translucent.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, cream, and seasonings; beat until everything is well blended. Add the onion and stir to mix well.
- Place the baked crust on a baking sheet; pour the egg mixture into the crust, right to the top. Carefully transfer the baking sheet to the oven; bake 30-40 minutes, until the mixture is set but still moist; it should still jiggle just a little in the middle.
- Cool on a rack; serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving Calories 379 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 15g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 12g Cholesterol 210mg Sodium 464mg Carbohydrates 13g Fiber 1g Sugar 6g Protein 17g