Printable Recipe – Italian London Broil Steak
We seem to be in Indian summer here in NC. It turned chilly for a while and now we are back in the 80s. So, it’s time to grill again. Today’s grilling recipe is Italian London Broil Steak.
The recipe is easy. Just make a delicious marinade that is full of flavor, coat the steak with it and marinate for an hour and then grill.
Assemble your ingredients: Extra Virgin olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and fresh spices. I used rosemary, oregano, parsley, basil and thyme.
Add the spices and garlic to a food process. No need to cut them up, other than the garlic.
Finally add the balsamic vinegar.
I finished my marinade off in an immersion blender. It made a lovely texture.
Season the meat with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
Spoon over 1/2 of the marinade. Save the other half to use while grilling.
Cook on a preheated outdoor grill for 5-7 minutes per side depending on how well done you like your steak.
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1½ pound boneless beef London broil
- steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- Place the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and salt into a good processor l, and blend into a coarse paste. Slowly add in the olive oil, and balsamic vinegar,until evenly blended.
- Place half of the mixture into a separate small bowl and set aside. Spread the remaining half of the herb mixture evenly over the steaks. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the steaks on a preheated outdoor grill for 7 minutes, then turn over, and coat with the reserved herb mixture. Continue cooking 7 minutes more for medium-well, or until your desired degree of done-ness has been reached.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."