We seem to be in Indian summer here in NC. It turned chilly for a while and now we are back in the 80s. So, it’s time to grill again. Today’s grilling recipe is Italian London Broil Steak.
Printable Recipe – Italian London Broil Steak
The recipe is easy. Just make a delicious marinade that is full of flavor, coat the steak with it and marinate for an hour and then grill.
Assemble your ingredients: Extra Virgin olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and fresh spices. I used rosemary, oregano, parsley, basil and thyme.
Add the spices and garlic to a food process. No need to cut them up, other than the garlic.
Finally add the balsamic vinegar.
I finished my marinade off in an immersion blender. It made a lovely texture.
Season the meat with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
Spoon over 1/2 of the marinade. Save the other half to use while grilling.
Cook on a preheated outdoor grill for 5-7 minutes per side depending on how well done you like your steak.
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 ounces boneless London broil, cut into thick slices
- Place the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and salt into a good processor l, and blend into a coarse paste. Slowly add in the olive oil, and balsamic vinegar,until evenly blended.
- Place half of the mixture into a separate small bowl and set aside. Spread the remaining half of the herb mixture evenly over the steaks. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the steaks on a preheated outdoor grill for 7 minutes, then turn over, and coat with the reserved herb mixture. Continue cooking 7 minutes more for medium-well, or until your desired degree of done-ness has been reached.
Amount Per Serving Calories 322 Total Fat 23g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 99mg Sodium 536mg Carbohydrates 2g Fiber 0g Sugar 1g Protein 25g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."