This Cuban Style Marinade combines spices with orange juice and grill mates seasoning for a delightful and spicy main course dish. I love the sweet, tangy and savory flavors. It makes grill night something special.
Cuban Style Marinade gives this steak recipe a boots of flavor
This recipe could not be easier to do. Just five minutes prep, some marinading time in the fridge and about 15 minutes to cook. Serve it with your best tropical salad for a great barbecue night.
Tonight I used my favorite grill spice – McCormicks Grill Mate Montreal Steak Seasoning.
This robust blend of coarsely ground peppers, garlic and spices makes for bolder tasting steaks. You can see it used in another way in this recipe.
For tonight’s meal, I combined the spice mix with ground cumin, oregano, orange juice and lime juice for a spectacular taste.
More great recipes on my Facebook page.
What is your favorite way to grill steak? Are you a fan of rubs and marinades? Please leave your comments below.
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless sirloin strip steak
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- juice of 1/2 fresh lime
- grated lime zest
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Combine well.
- Place the steak in a casserole dish and add the marinade and turn to coat both sides.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes (it gets better the more you leave the steak in the marinade.)
- Grill the steak on medium high for 6-8 minutes until meat thermometer registers 145 degrees.
- Let rest 3 minutes before serving.
Serving Size:1/6th of the recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 116mg Sodium: 578mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 35g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."