These sirloin steaks have a lovely sauce made from Irish whiskey, butter and parsley. They are very easy to make and taste amazing.
Printable Recipe: Sirloin Steaks with Irish Whiskey Sauce
These are delicious steaks, and go well with potatoes, vegetables, or a side salad. Be sure to add some garlic bread to soak up the delicious sauce in this sirloin steaks with Irish whiskey sauce.
I love cooking with alcohol. It adds a depth of flavor that you just don’t get with regular pan sauces. When cooking with it, some (but not all) of the alcohol and calories burn off, as well.
My husband always loves any dishes where I use whiskey, and this Irish whiskey makes a very special sauce.
What a perfect choice for St. Patrick’s day this would be for a special dinner party!
For more great recipes, please see The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 oz sirloin steaks
- 2 cloves of garlic, 1 cut in half lengthwise and one crushed
- 1/4 cup of Irish whiskey
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- dash ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat until butter has melted. Cook and stir onions in butter and oil until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes. Push onions aside with a spatula. Add one crushed garlic clove and cook lightly.
- Rub steaks with cut sides of the other garlic clove.
- Place the steaks into the skillet, leaving the onions and garlic to the side, and cook over medium-high heat until meat is browned but still lightly pink inside, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Slowly pour Irish whiskey into the hot skillet (be careful, whiskey fumes are flammable). Mix browned onions into whiskey and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with Kosher salt, black pepper, and parsley; turn steaks over in whiskey pan sauce to coat both sides, and serve drizzled with sauce.
- Add garlic bread for dipping into the sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 452 Total Fat 32g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 16g Cholesterol 127mg Sodium 428mg Carbohydrates 3g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 31g