This Umbrella Plant is Easy to Grow.
All Scheffleras are outstanding and easy to grow indoor plants. In temperate locals, they are large and graceful tropical plants. In colder climates, they are often used in interior decorating for the homes and offices. They are superb and long-lasting houseplant and easy to grow.
Schefflera arboricola ‘Capella’ is also known as a dwarf Umbrella plant. The leaves form in clusters of 7-9 leaflets and, looking at them, it is easy to see why it is called an umbrella plant.
The umbrella plant is easy to grow. Just follow these simple tips:
- Temperature: Keep above 40 degrees F. Not hardy in most zones below zone 9.
- Watering: Keep evenly moist. Don’t let it either dry out or sit in water.
- Fertilize: Add an all purpose fertilizer monthly when actively growing.
- Size: Grows to about 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide indoors.
- Light: Bright filtered light. The variegation is best when the plant is near a window. In low light the leaves are more likely to be mainly green.
- Pruning: Prune regularly to keep the plant bushy.
- Humidity: Additional humidity in the form of misting will mean a very healthy plant!