This recipe for chicken piccata combines lemon and capers for a tangy topping. The recipe is quick and easy and perfect for a weeknight meal.
Ready in less than 30 minutes, just pan sear the chicken and them combine lemon juice, white wine and capers for a tangy sauce.
Printable Recipe – Chicken Piccata
See other chicken recipes.
- 16 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour, for coating
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in flour and shake off the excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 1 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the chicken pieces and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned on one side, turn it over and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate.
- Scrape up the bits on the bottom of the pan and add the lemon juice, white wine and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil. Check the seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for about 5 more minutes until the chicken is done and the liquid has reduced somewhat. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 1 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with chopped parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 437mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.