This lovely variety of the popular coneflower has large pink-to-purple daisy flowers and is a favorite in all wildflower meadows, as well as perennial borders. This pretty plant is called Echinacea After Midnight.Photo Credit: American Meadows
How to grow Echinacea After Midnight.
- Temperatures: Very heat tolerant. Like most cone flowers, needs little care after the first year.
- Watering: Water well to get it established after planting and then it is drought tolerant too.
- Dead heading: Not necessary. The birds like the seeds in the winter!
- Attracts: Birds, bees and butterflies
- Spacing: 8 to 14 inches. It will grow to about 18 inches tall.
- Blooms: Early summer to fall.
- Zones: Perennial in zones 4-8
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."