This great recipes combines the taste of two favorites in one great dish. The casserole features loaded backed potatoes and buffalo chicken together!
Printable Recipe: Buffalo Chicken and Baked Potato Casserole.
I decided to make this dish with boneless chicken thighs. They are so flavorful and I thought it would give the casserole a great flavor base.
To make the dish, the potatoes are loaded up with a great coating and baked in a very hot oven.
While they cook, the chicken thighs marinate in the fridge in the remainder of the spicy coating mix.
When the potatoes are cooked, top them with the chicken and cheese, bacon and onion topping and return to the oven to finish.
Serve with extra hot sauce and sour cream. Enjoy!
Be prepared…this is a spicy dish. I served it with a broccoli, bacon, and cheese salad with ranch dressing.
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into cubes (skin on)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 strips of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup diced green spring onions
- Preheat oven to 500ºF . Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and hot sauce. Stir in the potatoes and stir to coat evenly.
- Scoop the potatoes into the prepared baking dish, being sure to leave as much of the sauce mixture as possible.
- Bake the potatoes for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until they are cooked through, and crispy and browned on the outside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, marinate the diced chicken thighs in the left over sauce mix and stir to coat. Allow the chicken to sit in the fridge while the potatoes are baking.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cheese, bacon and green onion and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400ºF
- Top the potatoes with the raw marinated chicken thighs, then sprinkle the chicken with the cheese mixture.
- Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with extra hot sauce, and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 914mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.