These roasted herb potatoes with Parmesan cheese make a wonderful side dish for any protein choice.
Roasted Herb Potatoes make a Great Side Dish
I make roasted herb potatoes all the time. Each time I do them, I do something a little differently with the recipe. Sometimes, they are just roasted with herbs. Other times, I use mustard and other spicy marinades.
I love potatoes but get tired of having them the same way. Roasting them is one of my favorite methods of cooking potatoes. These potatoes can be made in a normal oven pan with oil, or cooked on a silicone oven mat for a low fat version.
Today I am trying out a recipe with Parmesan cheese. I’m making a vegetarian mixed grill for dinner with mixed roasted vegetables, with baked beans, herbed biscuits and an egg. (hubby gets a small piece of steak or he feels deprived). I thought the roasted herb potatoes would be a nice addition to it.
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 tbsp. mixed fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 3/4 tbsp chopped basil
- 3 tbsp. olive oil (If you use a silicone oven mat, you can omit the oil if you like!)
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all of the spices with the olive oil and add the potatoes. Mix well to coat.
- Put all ingredients in an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Mix together until everything is evenly distributed and all potatoes are coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss or stir in the parmesan cheese thoroughly.
- Return to the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until potatoes are crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 1677mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."