This great cheesy BLT recipe combines Colby jack cheese with tangy light mayonnaise and veggies, as well as avocado. It will be sure to satisfy the most hearty eater.
I love a traditional BLT as much as the next person, but sometimes I want to take my sandwich to a new level.
This version is like a trendy craft sandwich and is just full of flavor.
My garden is producing lettuce and tomatoes by the bucket right now, so this tasty sandwich is a great way to use them
Hearty Cheesy BLT Hits the Spot.
Who doesn’t love a BLT? There are many versions of them, but each one seems to have its own appeal.
The crusty bread and avocado takes this BLT from ordinary to extraordinary and it is one that rivals any upscale luncheon restaurant. Perfect for lunch with special friends.
What is your favorite way to make a BLT? Please leave your suggestions below.
For more great recipes – visit my Facebook Gardening Cook Page.
- 2 slices center cut Bacon
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 2 slices of Colby Jack Cheese
- 2 crusty bread rolls
- 1 tablespoon of light mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- dash Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the bacon on a rack in the oven until crisp. About 15 minutes.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels.
- Break the bacon slices in half.
- SPREAD cut sides of bread with the light mayo.
- Layer the bread roll with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon pieces and avocado slices.
- Top with Colby Jack cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 802mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.