This great Cheesy BLT recipe combines Colby jack cheese with tangy mayo and veggies, as well as a fried egg. It will be sure to satisfy the most hearty eater.
Hearty Cheesy BLT Hits the Spot.
Who doesn’t love a BLT? There are many versions of them, but each one seems to have its own appeal.
The crusty bread and fried egg takes this BLT from ordinary to extraordinary and it is one that rivals any upscale luncheon restaurant. Perfect for lunch with special friends.
What is your favorite way to make a BLT? Please leave your suggestions below.
For more great recipes – visit my Facebook Gardening Cook Page.
- 8 slices center cut Bacon
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 slice Colby Jack and Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 2 Tbsp. light Mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- dash Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. COOK the bacon on a rack in the oven until crisp. About 15 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels.
- Cook the egg in the olive oil over medium heat 3 to 4 min. or until white is set and yolk is cooked to desired doneness, turning after 2 min. Remove from heat. Break bacon slices in half. Top egg with 2 bacon pieces and cheese.
- SPREAD cut sides of bread with mayo; fill with lettuce, tomatoes, remaining bacon pieces and egg.
Amount Per Serving Calories 534 Total Fat 31g Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 19g Cholesterol 229mg Sodium 1152mg Carbohydrates 37g Fiber 4g Sugar 5g Protein 27g