When the harvest is booming, roasted garden vegetables are on my menu. Roasting brings out their natural sweetness and is so easy to do.
It’s that time of the year again! So many things are ready from the garden to put on the table.
Tonight it is a recipe for roasted baby potatoes, with onions and summer squash.
Be sure to spring for the fresh herbs.
You can use dried herbs (use 1/3 of the quantity in the recipe) but the flavor is go great with the fresh herbs that it is worth it. (and they are so easy to grow on a patio deck!) I used basil, oregano, thyme and parsley today.
My oil was a rosemary infused olive oil. It gave the dish an extra flavor boost.
This makes a great side dish for any protein meal and is so healthy too. Tonight we are having it with grilled Italian sausages. Can’t wait!
- 10 baby potatoes
- 1 large onion, in chunks
- 2 yellow zucchini
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 large cloves of garlic, diced
- a few sprigs of fresh time
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp of fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp of rosemary infused olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Cut the potatoes in half and slice the zucchini into large chunks. Add the onion and garlic along with the minced fresh herbs.
- Drizzle the whole dish with the rosemary infused olive oil and cook for 45 minutes until the tops are lightly golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.