Christmas (and Valentine’s day) are great times to bring out the red cocktail recipes. They are very festive and inviting during the holiday season. This Lush Berry Bellini has a deep red color and lots of fizz for entertaining fun.
Make yourself a Lush Berry Bellini Cocktail
A bellini is a mixture of sparkling wine and peach purée or nectar. This cocktail originated in Venice, Italy. I make mine with dry rosé champagne to give it a pretty red color. and add in raspberries as a garnish. Make your own peach purée easily with my recipe.
You can use frozen raspberries and peaches instead of fresh and it is also good.
- 1 tbsp Berry peach purée (recipes below)
- 1/2 cup of chilled, dry rosé champagne
- 4 Fresh raspberries to garnish
for the Berry Peach purée
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries (defrost if using frozen)
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen peach slices (defrost if frozen)
- 1/2 cup of Chambord Liqueur
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- To make the purée, combine the raspberries, peaches, liqueur and sugar in a blender and process until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days. Makes enough for about 35 cocktails.
- To make the cocktail place the berry peach purée into a champagne flute. Slowly pour the champagne. Stir with a long spoon. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Amount Per Serving Calories 189 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 10mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 1g Sugar 4g Protein 0g