Red cocktail recipes are fun for both Valentine’s day and Christmas. This one would also be a good choice for Cinco de Mayo. Kick off your festive Christmas Party, or start your early morning Christmas brunch with these Spicy Bloody Mary Cocktails.
Few drinks on a cold day are more enjoyable than the delicious tomato flavor of a Bloody Mary. You can make it as spicy or mild as you want, you can switch out the liquor, or leave it out all together. This drink is very adaptable to suit your personal taste and delicious too.
A bloody Mary is often served for breakfast or brunch, since tomato juice is traditional for those meals. I like to garnish mine with olives and a celery stalk for a great looking cocktail.
The kick from this recipe comes from horseradish and Haberno hot sauces, which can be adjusted to the heat that you want from the drink.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- Dash celery salt
- Dash freshly ground cracked pepper
- 8 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 - 2 shake Haberno hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 Lime wedge
- 1 Pimento stuffed green olive, for garnish (optional)
- 1 Celery stalk, for garnish (optional)
- 1 Small pearl onion for garnish (optional)
- 1 Small yellow pepper for garnish (optional)
- Fill a glass half way with ice cubes. Add the vodka, tomato juice, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and hot sauce together in a tall glass. Squeeze the lime wedge into the glass and mix. Add a small skewer with a couple of pimento stuffed olives, a pearl onion and a small yellow pepper, plus a stalk of celery as a garnish and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 745mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 8g Protein: 4g