Treat your family to this garlic lovers roast beef. It’s easy to prepare and very flavorful.
If you love garlic as much as my family does, this recipe for garlic lover’s roast beef will delight you. Almost every bit if the roast has a bit of garlic in it!
The seasoned crust of the roast beef also adds so much to the recipe. Once you have served it once, you will be making it for all your special family roast dinners.
Making this garlic lovers roast beef
Roast beef is a common menu choice in my home. My husband loves it and it’s really quite an easy dish to make.
The roast is prepared by cutting slits in the meat for the garlic slivers and then coating the whole of the outside with the spices for a nice flavor.
The meat is then cooked to your desired inside temperature.
When I tested the beef with my meat thermometer, it read at 135.9º F and the meat really was just medium rare.
- 3 pound eye round beef, with all fat trimmed off
- Kosher salt
- 3-4 cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
- olive oil spray
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoon dried chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Mix together the spices and seasonings.
- Lightly spray the meat with olive oil and season generously by spreading the salt, pepper and spices over the outside of the roast. I used fresh rosemary, basil, and thyme but dried sage, since it is winter and my sage is not yet growing.
- Trim all the fat off the meat. Using a sharp knife, pierce the meat with 1/2 inch deep slits and insert slivers of garlic in each hole, pushing all the way in.
- Place the roast in a baking dish and put in the oven and cook until the temperature reads 130° for rare, 140° for medium rare, 150° for medium, and 155-160° for well done.
- Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest 10-20 minutes before you cut it so that the juices will be distributed evenly.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes, and veggies for a hearty roast dinner.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 30g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.