This homemade chicken quesadilla recipe features zesty chicken and cooked red peppers peppers mixed with cheese and stuffed in a tortilla.
Printable Recipe – Homemade Chicken Quesadilla
The recipe is easy to do and great for a busy week night when time is at a premium.
The recipe comes together in a flash.
Store bought rotisserie chickens work just fine for this recipe. You can even use the rotisserie chicken container in some gardening ways later. Check out my rotisserie chicken mini terrarium for a few ideas.
Add a tossed salad and you will have a spicy Mexican treat that your whole family will enjoy.
- 4 flour tortillas, 8 inch size
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 1/4 cup canned green chiles
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high warmth. Cook chicken breast pieces and red peppers until the chicken is cooked and the peppers are slightly soft. Add the cilantro and cumin and mix well until cooked through.
- Lay out the tortillas and spread 1/4 of the mixture on each. Add one half of the cheese and the chilies, leaving about 1/2 inch free at the edge of the tortilla. Add some salsa on top of the chicken mixture.
- Fold the tortilla and place in a baking dish. Heat in a preheated 350 ºF oven for about 10 minutes. Add the remaining cheese and continue cooking until the cheese melts, about another 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and a tossed salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 593mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.