This homemade chicken quesadilla recipe features zesty chicken and cooked red peppers peppers mixed with cheese and stuffed in a tortilla.
Printable Recipe – Homemade Chicken Quesadilla
The recipe is easy to do and great for a busy week night when time is at a premium.
The recipe comes together in a flash. You can even use rotisserie chicken if you wish to save even more time.
Add a tossed salad and you will have a spicy Mexican treat that your whole family will enjoy.
- 4 flour tortillas, 8 inch size
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese divided
- 1/4 cup canned green chiles
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high warmth. Cook chicken breast pieces and red peppers until the chicken is cooked and the peppers are slightly soft. Add the cilantro and cumin and mix well until cooked through.
- Lay out the tortillas and spread 1/4 of the mixture on each. Add one half of the cheese and the chilies, leaving about 1/2 inch free at the edge of the tortilla. Add some salsa on top of the chicken mixture.
- Fold the tortilla and place in a baking dish. Heat in a preheated 350 ºF oven for about 10 minutes. Add the remaining cheese and continue cooking until the cheese melts, about another 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and a tossed salad.
Amount Per Serving Calories 354 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 61mg Sodium 593mg Carbohydrates 32g Fiber 3g Sugar 3g Protein 26g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."