Ah….the richness and creaminess of Alfredo sauce combined with shredded chicken and then rolled up in lasagna noodles. This Chicken Alfredo lasagna roll up recipe will delight the most picky food critic.
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups – A Rich and Hearty Main Course
The recipe uses the idea of a traditional lasagna Alfredo dish but takes it to a new level with the individual portions in a roll up. Easy to serve and lovely to look at on the plate.
I lighted it up a little (as much as you can lighten up Alfredo!) by using reduced fat cream cheese, 2% milk, and light butter.
To make the roll ups. Start by boiling the noodles until al dente. Then make the Alfredo sauce.
Combine the butter, garlic and cream cheese over a medium low heat until combined.
Serve with garlic bread and a tossed salad and you have a great, and hearty meal that you will want to make again and again.
- For the Alfredo sauce:
- ½ cup light butter
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 cloves. fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- kosher salt and freshly ground cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 2/3 cup Parmesan reggiano cheese
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I chose Jarlsberg)
- For the rollups:
- 10 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 16 oz chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg cheese (cheddar is fine too)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions until they are al dente. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water and lay them on a paper towel to remove the excess water.
- To make the sauce:
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the fresh minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add in the 2% milk.
- Season with the salt, pepper and oregano. Add 2 cups of Jarlsberg cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and whisk frequently until the sauce thickens - about 15 minutes.
- To make the rollups:
- Spray an 8×8 pan with Pam cooking spray and spread about 1/4 cup of the Alfredo sauce over the bottom of the pan.
- Spread 1 tsp of the Alfredo sauce over each noodle.
- Take some of the shredded chicken and spread it evenly over each noodle and top with another tsp of sauce about 2 Tbsp shredded Jarslberg cheese.
- Carefully roll up each lasagna noodle and place the seam side down in the baking dish on top of the Alfredo sauce.
- Once the roll ups are all in the pan, pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over the top and top with more shredded Jarlsberg cheese.
- Bake at 350º F for about 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread.
Amount Per Serving Calories 641.4 Total Fat 35.8g Saturated Fat 18.4g Unsaturated Fat 7.8g Cholesterol 132.3mg Sodium 869.9mg Carbohydrates 46.1g Fiber 7.2g Sugar 2.8g Protein 38.9g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."