It’s almost time for camping season. I thought it would be fun to start the season off with a great recipe for Caribbean grilled snapper with pineapple.
(you can even make the rub ahead of time and just rub it on the fish before you plan to grill.)
Caribbean Grilled Snapper with Pineapple Recipe
Since the fish griller can be place on an open fire, it’s the perfect cooking utensil for an outdoor occasion. (It can be place on a fire pit or outdoor BBQ too!)
Tonight I am making the fish on the stove top. I sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on chunks of pineapple and grilled those, as well. Easy peasy and a perfect side dish. For your camping trip, why not wrap some potatoes or corn in foil and cook them in the coals. Add the fish towards the end of the cooking time and you will have a perfect “outdoor home cooked meal!”
Imagine the rave reviews that this camping meal would get!
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh snapper with skin
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp chile powder, (optional)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for rubbing
- 4 Thick slices of pineapple
- Sprinkle of cinnamon sugar
- Mix the ginger, garlic, chili powder, thyme and allspice together.
- Transfer the paste to a small bowl and mix in the oil. Make 3 - 3-inch-long slashes on the snapper about 3/4" deep.
- Lightly season the fish with the Kosher salt and rub it with the paste, being sure to get the spices into the slashes.
- Rub the fish all over with olive oil.
- Coat a large grill pan (or outdoor grill) with some olive oil.
- Set the fish on the grill pan and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until the flesh just flakes with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the fish is done, sprinkle the pineapple with cinnamon sugar and add to the grill pan. Turn to heat on both sides.
- Serve with a baked potato (cooked in the coals wrapped in aluminum foil)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 32gProtein: 31g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.