This recipe for Parmesan crusted salmon is delicious, easy to do and baked in the oven to keep the fat content down.
Readers of my blog know that I am not a big fish recipe person but the one exception is salmon. I just love the full flavored taste of it and cook it often.
Keep reading to find out how to make it.
The dish gets its flavor from a crunchy crust topping made from sour cream, Parmesan cheese, Worcester sauce, and mayo mixed with my favorite spice – tarragon which gives it a licorice flavor that is very mild but works well.
The coating results in an unbelievably moist, buttery fish with all kinds of good flavors.
The preparation could not be easier. Just combine everything in a bowl and spoon it on the salmon, and spread it over the top and bake.
This takes all of about 15 minutes total. But don’t let the ease of the dish fool you. It is full of flavor.
** One trick for removing the skin if you don’t wish to heat it is to cook your salmon skin side down, and then just run a spatula between the bottom of the fish and the skin after cooking.
The fish will just scoop off leaving the skin in one piece. (while I love the taste of salmon, I don’t want to eat the skin which has more of the fat in it.)
Serve the dish with jasmine rice, or left over rice patties.
- 24 oz salmon fillets
- 2 1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh tarragon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- dash Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pinch of bottled grated Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 450 ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayo, Parmesan cheese, chives, Worcestershire sauce, tarragon, and pepper.
- Place the salmon skin side down in an oven proof baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam cooking spray.
- Spread the topping mixture evenly over top of the salmon. Very lightly sprinkle with bottled grated Parmesan. (I use fresh Parmesan cheese normally in everything but I like this dish with just a touch of the bottled which is drier on the very top of the fish.)
- Place on the top rack of the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through. Cooking time varies according to thickness of the salmon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 39g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.