I got a rice cooker a while ago and make rice all the time. When I do make it, I usually make extra so that I can have it on hand to make other dishes with it. Left over rice is very versatile. It an be used for fried rice, stuffed peppers and all sorts of other dishes.
These Rice Fritters tastes similar to potato pancakes, but they are even easier to make since there are no potatoes to peel. This is a perfect way to use up stale rice. Double the recipe as needed.
Once made, you an use it as a side dish with a protein, or serve them as a vegetarian lunch with salsa, guacamole, hummus or anything else that has a spicy fresh flavor.
- 1 cup cooked rice, any type, packed
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil, for frying
- Combine all the ingredients except for oil and mix well.
- In a pan, heat oil for shallow frying.
- When the oil is hot, add a tablespoon of batter, pressing down slightly to form a flat fritter.
- Fry one side until golden and flip. If there are many holes in the fritter, add more cornstarch to the batter. Drain fritters on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, hummus or anything else that has a spicy fresh flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1098mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.