This cheesy pasta recipe is flavored with ground beef, fresh garden herbs and onions. It is super easy to put together and ready in 35 minutes.
Forget Hamburger Helper casseroles! Why put all those chemicals into your body when you can make a hamburger casserole that is almost as fast and twice as delicious. (and to say nothing about how much more healthy it is for you.
Keep reading to learn how to make my semi-homemade version that is loaded with flavor.
Making this cheesy pasta
Let’s face it. Some nights are not made for long involved recipes.
The result is a easy week night meal that my family just loves.
Basically, you make the casserole on the stove top and then pop it into the oven to bake for about 25 minutes. I make mine early in the day and then just pop it in before mealtime for stress free dinner time preparation.
Serve it with a side salad and garlic bread and you will have your kids taking the hamburger helper package out of the shopping cart on the next trip to the grocery store! Imagine that?
More pasta recipes to try
If you love pasta, try one of these recipes soon:
- Bow tie Pasta Salad with Sweet Italian Sausages
- Shrimp Pasta with Broccoli – Ready in Less Than 30 Minutes!
- Meaty Spaghetti Sauce with Pork and Beef – Homemade Pasta Sauce
- Ziti Pasta with Sausages & Swiss Chard – Skillet Ziti Noodles Recipe
- Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken with Pasta
- Manicotti With Meat – Hearty Ground Beef Manicotti Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- dash cracked black pepper to taste
- 28 oz spaghetti sauce, ( any good bottled sauce will do)
- 8 oz. rigatoni pasta
- 2½ cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºf. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a skillet with the onion, garlic, and fresh seasonings until the beef is no longer pink and the vegetables are soft.
- Combine the beef mixture with the cooked pasta, spaghetti sauce and the cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Pour into a lightly greased 8×8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 846mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 28g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.