This recipe for salmon with mango and corn salsa is refreshing and super easy to do.
Salmon is my favorite fish. I’m not a fan of white fish unless it is very, very fresh (as in right out of the water into the boat) but salmon appeals to me even if first frozen.
This recipe is perfect for a busy week night. The salsa takes only about 5 minutes to prepare, and is full of flavor with the combination of fresh mango, corn, avocado and lime. It is the perfect compliment to the salmon.
If you cook your corn for this recipe instead of using frozen, check out my tips for removing corn silk easily from corn every time.
The whole dish is on the plate in about 15 minutes or so. Top the salmon with the salsa just before serving and wait for the compliments!
Mmmm, mmmm. The flavors are just divine. Not too much citrus and very refreshing.
- 16 ounces salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- dash of Freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salsa
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (One ear)
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced into small cubes (1 small mango)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- In a non stick frying pan, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the corn kernels and stir-fry for about 1 to 2 minutes until lightly golden. Place the corn into a mixing bowl.
- Add the diced mango, lime juice, sesame oil, and cilantro, tossing to mix thoroughly. Set aside while you prepare the salmon.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium high heat. Carefully add the salmon fillets skin side down. Sprinkle the garlic powder evenly over the salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 6 to 8 minutes until the skin is golden brown. Flip the salmon over and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes depending on the thickness of the pieces.
- Place the salmon fillets on a serving plate skin side down. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mango corn salsa over the top of the salmon and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 27g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.