This Tuscan inspired tomato basil chicken with a buttery sauce features a few leaves of the last of my summertime basil, and the delightful aroma of freshly minced garlic.
May I introduce you to new favorite way to eat chicken? Oh my, oh yes, that is how I want my chicken, thank you very much!
This recipe is rich and creamy. It tastes authentic and is on the table in 30 minutes!
Treat Your Family to the Taste of Italy with this Tuscan Inspired Tomato Basil Chicken Recipe.
Have you grown basil in your garden? If your answer is no, why not? This herb is ridiculously easy to grow, and adds an extra boost of flavor to any Italian inspired dish.
I have the last of mine growing on my patio and it’s the perfect touch to top off an already perfect pasta sauce.And the sauce? I chose a bottled sauce, flavored with tomato & basil . This Tuscan inspired sauce is a great way for me to experiment to get my own take on a classic Italian dish.
My latest day dream….I am sitting on a hillside villa in Tuscany, Italy enjoying some fabulous cuisine, overlooking the valley below.
I’ve wanted to visit Tuscany ever since a trip to Europe with my husband, years ago, was cut shorter than we wanted it to be.
Tuscany villa photo credit: Public domain image by Marissat1330 on Pixabay.com
Now, open your eyes and savor the moment. It does not have to end.
You can still enjoy the feeling of this moment in your own home with my recipe.
The preparation of this delicious Italian dish is so easy to make. Only a few simple steps and dinner will be on the table in about 20 minutes.
That is my kind of cooking! Life is super busy for me lately, so quick dinner recipes are my go-to kitchen helpers right now.
Start by getting your chicken pieces the same size. I cover mine in plastic wrap and flatten them with a meat tenderizer.
Super easy and doing this insures the chicken pieces will cook evenly.
(plus it gives me a chance to get out my aggression about whatever mess life has thrown my way, and it’s fun!)
Sauté the chicken in olive oil until it is cooked and lightly browned on both sides. Set aside for a bit, and then add the pasta sauce to the pan and get it all warm and bubbly and aroma-makingly divine.
In goes the garlic, silky butter, and summertime fresh basil. YES… Perfection in a pan! Add the chicken breasts back to the pan and coat well.
Cook for just a bit to let all the flavors combine and serve.
How is this for an end of summer, party in your mouth, drool worthy dinner? I guarantee you that you’ll be cooking this again after the fam has tasted it. It’s that good!
Do you crave a dose Tuscan inspired taste? Try my recipe, And don’t let anyone know it only takes 20 minutes to prepare….shhhhh….that’s our little secret!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp Bertolli extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Jar of Bertolli Tomato & Basil Pasta sauce
- one small bunch of fresh basil, loosely packed, cut into ribbons
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and flatten each piece to an even thickness, about one inch or so in the thickest parts.
- Remove the plastic and season the chicken generously with Kosher salt and freshly ground cracked black pepper.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Add the chicken and pan-fry for several minutes on each side - until the chicken is cooked and nicely browned on the outside.
- When the chicken is done, set it aside.
- Reduce the heat and give the oil a few minutes to cool, then add the garlic to the pan and cook about a minute..
- Stir in the pasta sauce and cook until is is hot and bubbly, then add the butter and stir to combine until it has melted.
- Return the chicken to the pan and let it mix with the flavors of the sauce for 2-3 more minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the basil. Top servings of pasta with the chicken and the sauce. Yum!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 43g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.