This recipe for garlic chicken is great for those days when you just don’t want to spend time in the kitchen. The chicken bakes with a sweet glaze that is tinged with just a touch of thyme and the licorice flavor of tarragon.
Printable Recipe – Easy Garlic and Wine Chicken
The chicken has a sweet crust from the brown sugar and garlic but the white wine adds a nice tang to counterbalance the sweetness. Very, very tasty!
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of Cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup of good quality dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 450°F Spray a baking dish or cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray
- In a non stick saucepan, saute the garlic until tender about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add the thyme and chopped tarragon.
- Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and spread the garlic, brown sugar and spice mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes and then pour the 1/4 cup of white wine over the chicken pieces.
- Continue cooking another 15-20 minutes, or until the juices run clear. The total cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 35g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.