This recipe for garlic chicken is great for those days when you just don’t want to spend time in the kitchen.
The chicken bakes with a sweet glaze that is tinged with just a touch of thyme and a hint of licorice flavor that comes from using fresh tarragon.
I used fresh herbs for this recipe. I love the boost of flavor that herbs from the garden add to any recipe. Dried herbs just don’t compare!
Most grocery store sell fresh herbs in the produce area now, and they are very easy to grow.
Printable Recipe – Easy Garlic and Wine Chicken
The chicken has a sweet crust from the brown sugar and garlic but the white wine adds a nice tang to counterbalance the sweetness. Very, very tasty!
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
Super Easy Garlic Chicken
This easy chicken recipe has a garlic and wine topping that is flavored with herbs and brown sugar.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of Cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup of good quality dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 450°F Spray a baking dish or cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray
- In a non stick saucepan, saute the garlic until tender about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add the thyme and chopped tarragon.
- Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and spread the garlic, brown sugar and spice mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes and then pour the 1/4 cup of white wine over the chicken pieces.
- Continue cooking another 15-20 minutes, or until the juices run clear. The total cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 35g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.