This recipe for spicy shrimp tacos uses a salad slaw base that is full of nutritious and healthy veggies. It is the perfect dish for Cinco de Mayo!
It’s easy to put together with a lime honey dressing that is zesty and delicious.
Are you a busy cook? You will love that this shrimp recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes.
It’s loaded with vegetables too, for a healthy recipe that your family will love.
Let’s make some spicy shrimp tacos with cabbage slaw
Be sure to arrange the star ingredients, in this case, the luscious shrimp, so the eye focuses on them when you look at the dish. I love the combination of the shrimp and coleslaw in tacos.
Be sure to devein the shrimp first if this has not been done by the store. Removing the black vein makes the shrimp more appealing in the finished dish.
This recipe has been adapted from one I found in an old Pot luck cookbook. I’d love to see one of my friends bring this to a pot luck dinner. How about you?
More shrimp recipes
If you love shrimp as much as we do, check out these recipes, too:
- Shrimp Pasta with Broccoli – Ready in Less Than 30 Minutes!
- Tandoori Shrimp with Indian Spices – Easy Zesty Recipe
- Grilled Caribbean Shrimp Kebabs
- Grilled Shrimp with Herbed Honey Marinade
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 1 1/2 pound fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 4 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded bok choy
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 /2 cup of thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup of sweet red pepper strips, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 8 taco shells
For the dressing
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry. De-vein them.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the garlic and crushed red pepper for about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 30-4 minutes until they turn pink. Do not over cook or they will be tough.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the vegetables, and cilantro. Pour the lime ginger dressing over the veggies.
- Transfer to a taco shells and arrange the cooked shrimp over the top.
- Serves 8.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 975mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 22g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.