Even though Labor day has come and gone, you can still grill. We do it most weekends here in NC, all year long. These Margarita steaks will be perfect for the barbecue.
My husband is the grill master at our house, but he counts on me to come up with something to season or marinate the meat before he puts it on the grill.
Normally, I try out something with international flavors. Since we both love Mexican food, these margarita steaks are right up our alley.
Serve these steaks with a homemade margarita cocktail for a great pairing.
Cook up these Margarita steaks for your next BBQ.
The recipe calls for steaks marinated in tequila, jalapeño chili peppers and lime for a great Mexican inspired kick. Sugar adds just a touch of sweetness to complete the seasonings.
Cilantro adds a nice spicy kick to the recipe and it is very easy to grow as long as it doesn’t get too much heat. See my tips for growing cilantro here.
And what Margarita steak would be complete without the classic margarita to go along with it? Get the recipe here.
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tsp of dried
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapeño chilis, seeded, chopped
- 20 oz beef T-bone steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- Combine all ingredients except steaks in a shallow baking dish; mix well. Add the steaks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to marinate, turning steaks once.
- Heat the grill. Remove steaks from marinade; reserve marinade. Place steaks on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until steaks are as you like them, turning once and brushing occasionally with marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Serve with fresh corn on the cob and a tossed salad or baked potatoes for a great meal
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 669Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 861mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 52g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.