Generally, I don’t eat macaroni salads. I try to limit carbs where I can. But this macaroni salad with fresh peas and carrots appeals to me, since I adore fresh peas.
The recipe is rich and creamy and makes a great picnic or barbeque side dish.
This Macaroni Salad with Peas and Carrots makes a Great Barbeque dish
It is easy to do and will be on the table in a flash. Best of all, if you have a garden, this is the time of the year for fresh peas and they really make the salad.
My family loves this dish and kids will be begging for more! It’s a great way to add veggies for otherwise picky eaters.
For more barbeque side dish recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mediterranean sea salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2/3 cup of lightly cooked fresh peas
- 2-3 carrots, shredded
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Prepare the macaroni according to package directions.
- After macaroni is cooked, drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the peas, carrots, and chopped spring onions.
- Fold in mayonnaise mixture until pasta is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to get the best flavor profile.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 566Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 601mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.