Brownies are one of my favorite sweet treats. I love the cakey texture in a smaller size. And the fact that they normally are chocolate, well what is not to like?
These rich chocolate brownie is made with cocoa and butter, and filled with chocolate chips and nuts. You can also use white chocolate chips for a change if you prefer.
Hearty and Rich Chocolate Brownie packs a flavor
These brownies are every bit as good as they look, they almost remind me of fudge – another favorite of mine. Oh, and you can cut them in two and have two of them. I know, I know…it’s the same as one bigger one but something about eating two just seems like more.Be sure to eat at least one of them just out of the oven. You can’t beat a brownie still warm from the oven.
For more great recipes, please visit my Facebook page.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted
- 12 ounces chocolate chips,
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and set aside.
- Cut butter into cubes and place in a bowl along with chocolate. Melt themon low in a microwave. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugar and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Add nuts.
- Spread batter into a rectangular cake pan - size 11 x 8-inches.
- Place in oven and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger - about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Serve with whip cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g